Sunday, May 31, 2009

June travels

My PFC schedule for June is filling up quickly with Jim Dixon, Chuck Boyce, and me. On June 20, we are headed west for concerts at the prisons Clallum Bay and Olympic, which is outside Forks. That trip is always longer than I mentally plan for as its a solid four hours each way. On June 26-28, we are headed to eastern Washington and then south to Pendleton and Umatilla, Oregon. We are considering a trip dedicated to Oregon in September.

My work at the Norm Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent continues faithfully and very fruitfully. Last month, I met with 140 different men and was able to present the gospel 15 times. Would you pray for our finances over these late spring days? The Lord continues to provide remarkable contacts with men within the units.


I enjoy guest teaching for these last weeks of school in the Tahoma School District. Recently, I started umpiring fastpitch girls and boys baseball on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights and some weekends which will definitely help our financial picture. This coming Saturday and Sunday, I'll be participating in a tournament in Federal Way. The season runs through part of July. I last umpired in 1988.

No comments: