Friday, September 4, 2009

Converge NW

I met with Steve Welling, from Converge Northwest, at his Port of Tacoma office on Thursday afternoon to explore partnering between PFC, Converge, and me.

Converge NW is the new name for the Baptist General Conference, or Columbia Conference here in Washington. Our home church, Faith Baptist in Kent is affiliated with Converge NW.

Converge purposefully focuses on missions in the Northwest and to develop leadership to serve in the Kingdom of God as well as strengthen healthy churches. Steve invited me to attend the Converge Northwest meeting October 23 and 24 in Beaverton, Oregon.

In PFC news, I'll be attending a family worship service on Sunday with John, a faithful inmate brother, at Twin Rivers in Monroe and meeting John Burkhalter. John partners with Converge as a prison chaplain in Monroe.

On Monday night and Tuesday, I am heading over to Wapato in eastern Washington at PFC's Standing Stones Stones Orchards NW transitional clean and sober living ministry site with Bob Jordan from PFC for the twice yearly Washington Chaplains Association meeting.

Bob is an awesome co-worker who is on the PFC board, facilitates eastern Washington and Oregon tours like me, goes on international missions trips, and publishes a monthly teaching newsletter. Bob is the secretary for the WCA and I'll be receiving training to support him with this WCA work.

Bob and I will also be discussing my teaching role at the PFC University later this fall and the ongoing mission of PFC.

No comments: