Wednesday, June 20, 2012

PFC overview


I have served as a full-time chaplain with PFC at the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent since 2006.  My ongoing ministry involves participation in:
  • ·         1-to-1 and small group gospel presentations, discipleship, prayer, and letter writing with an average of 20 male inmates, staff, and officers, weekly
  • ·         president of the Chaplaincy Advisory Group, monthly
  • ·         preaching and prayer support for worship services and concerts with the Unchained band, His Harmony, and other musical groups, as opportunities arise
  • ·         team leader for monthly worship services at the Olympic Corrections Center in Forks and for concert tours of prisons in eastern Washington and Oregon, twice a year  
This coming November, I am preparing for my second PFC international short-term missions trip, this time to Napal and India with PFC President Greg Von Tobel  and fellow Faith Church member, Matt Mazdzer.

Matt is an answer to prayer as I asked the Lord to allow me to involve members of our church actively in the PFC Kingdom of God missions outreach. 

Matt Mazdzer
Matt.came to our PFC University where I teach classes and is presently on a short-term missions trip with Nate Bean in Malawi in southeast Africa.  He also has participated on our OCC-Forks concert team. I am praying he and will increase his involvement in other areas and others from our support team will begin serving.
In front of the MRJC in Kent

Katharine and I have been members and have served in numerous ministries at Faith Church since November of 1992.  With so many folks coming, we need to introduce ourselves and my ministry to newer individuals and families around our church body. Our family is richly blessed through so many loving members and ministries at Faith. 

Financial and prayer support comes through our Faith Church missions budget. I am amazed before the Lord for those within our church body, from past ministries and seminary, and others now attending other churches in our community who provide sacrificial financial support.


No comments: