Tuesday, June 16, 2009

to the jury


I've continued to observe parts of a trial at the Norm Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent to support the accused as part of my Prisoners for Christ ministry. Monday afternoon, the case went into jury deliberation dealing with "beyond reasonable doubt." I met with the inmate Monday night as he is now waiting for the verdict.

I tried to consider what the family of the deceased was hearing and then tried to place myself in the jury. As I wrote before, I know some of the family from high school, 39 years ago. We've talked briefly as if we hadn't skipped a day. We played intramural basketball together back then at Federal Way High School.

I am headed to prisons at Clallam Bay and Forks on June 20 and then on to eastern Washington and Oregon sites with my PFC team on June 26-28. Our team is dealing with changes so I would ask you to pray for that.

My guest teaching is winding down in Tahoma, this week. I am taking my first gang of awesome kindergartners, today. Wow! I am also umpiring girls fastpitch and boys baseball throughout this summer and am getting Jon involved.

Peter is off on a two week short-term missions trip to Japan with his small group from our church.

No comments: