Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dessert in Bothell and Kentridge


Katharine and I recently attended a donor's appreciation dessert for Prisoners for Christ at the Eastside Foursquare Church in Bothell.  The dessert honored workers with PFC and featured the Kate White Band, who presented a concert.

His Harmony, from our home church, Faith Baptist Church, was recognized for 15 years of service providing music ministry in jails and prisoners in western Washington.

I actually went to my first Prisoners for Christ University at Cedar Park in Bothell in 2004 and went on my first eastern Washington missions trip in 2006.  We now take three trips a year and venture into Oregon.  My main ministry is as the associate chaplain at the Norm Maleng Regional Justice Center, the second King County Jail, in Kent.

I'd love to be at the RJC more regularly with greater financial support but the Lord has been faithful to supplement our income as I continue to serve as a guest teacher this year in the Auburn School District. I am seeking to increase my financial support as a missionary chaplain as I receive no funds from the RJC. So many are faithful to provide for us financially, prayerfully, and with heart encouragement.

This past Monday, I also attended my 13th appreciation dinner for the Kentridge High School Chargers football program.  Our KRHS volunteering started for Katharine and me in 1997.  Katharine keeps the sideline score book and I support statistics, whatever the coaches need, and call the newspapers (and sometimes television sites) with the game highlights and statistics.

There is nothing like Chargers high school  football for Katharine and me.  I've enjoyed getting to know Robbie Steen and then Chris and Marcus Subia, from our church. Chris is now playing football at the University of Puget Sound.  Marcus, now a junior, is focusing on basketball so I'll be cheering him on at as many games as I can with Rollin and Karin, Mom and Dad around the Northern Division of the South Puget Sound League.

Keeping football statistics began in junior high when charted games while listening to former Oklahoma coach Bud Wilkinson during college football games on TV and then at Federal Way High School in about 1967.  Scoring baseball games began maybe in the sixth grade.

No comments: