Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Standing Stones teaching and support for missions trip

                                     Teaching at Standing Stones
Visiting with Dave
I was blessed to teach and spend quality time with the men and staff at Standing Stones Orchards in Wapato, last Tuesday to Friday.  

I returned after visiting with our PFC worship tour team the previous week when I learned Dave Gorton, the director, suffered injuries while working in the orchards. I asked how I might support him in a very practical way so he invited me to come over to teach and spend time with the men and him.  On the way home, the Lord prompted me to get back over there.  

I taught from the PFC Bible correspondence series on Old Testament characters and from the SS discipleship training manual on relational Christianity and salvation. I rejoiced to combine listening and mentoring with the four men in te program while enjoying fellowship with Dave and Gail Gorton, the directors.

                            Support two thirds in for missions trip
I am thoroughly thankful to the Lord as two-thirds of my $3,200 support for our PFC short-term missions trip to the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda in early November has come in.  We have our next team meeting this Saturday in Woodinville. 

The dates and itinerary for the trip are still being worked out by PFC staff.  My preparation focus has been to pray, read Acts, and on develop three preaching outlines.


On Tuesday afternoon, Dick Rothlisberger, my PFC teammate chaplain at the Norm Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent, and I trekked to Woodinville for encouragement and re-training in the church liaison leadership program.  I am motivated to invite more of our Faith Baptist Church body to participate with me in active ministries.
His Harmony

Back in the units with the inmates at the NMRJC, I was once again incredibly blessed to hear how our "His Harmony" women's group from Faith Baptist was received during a recent concert. His Harmony has been doing PFC concerts for 16 years.

While meeting with Chris in the S-unit on Monday afternoon, two other men joined us. Chris has encouraged these men as they begin their new walk as followers of Jesus. I love to see men sharing what God has touched them with in the spirit on 2 Timothy 2:2.

Next Monday night, our Chaplaincy Advisory Group hosts our annual  appreciation dinner in Tukwila for our faithful volunteers at the NMRJC. 

No comments: