Friday, October 22, 2010

Congo and Rwanda

our team in Woodinville
Our tickets are purchased for our upcoming PFC short-term missions trip, November 8-20, for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda.

I  collected just about everything needed for the trip in the last two months.  Our team is meeting Saturday for team-building and training.





I am sending out urgent focus e-mails to various individuals to seek $1500 needed to complete my support. I am amazed and overwhelmingly thankful to the Lord for what He supplies.


                                        PFC-University
I am scheduled to teach three classes at the PFC-University on October 30 at Cedar Park Christian School in Bothell.  This is a building up from teaching one session, the last two times.  This time, I am teaching a session  on dealing with manipulation while visiting individuals and in group services.

                          Men at the Regional Justice Center
The work at the Regional Justice Center in Kent remains very fruitful.  A usual week includes about 30 one-on-one visits with male inmates. 

This week, Jack urgently requested I meet with Michael, an 18 year-old making his third visit to the RJC in one year.  Yesterday, I talked very directly to Michael about making a radical change of friendships.  Same friends--same drugs and drinking.  He's gone to drug treatment and admits he needs to really want to be clean. 

Jack is 34 and has been down Michael's road of experience.  Jack's girfriend or fiance', is in the women's unit.  Jack and I meet weekly for Bible study and encouragement.

My first letter from Bo came in from Shelton, yesterday.  Some weeks ago, Bo was sentenced and will receive drug treatment. He met with one of the men who ministered to him from Victory Outreach.  Bo received a hug.  He recounted it was the first hug he's received from a Christian brother.

I followed up over the phone with a Dad who is making plans to visit his son at the State Penitentiary in Walla Walla, last night.  I was pleased to answer his questions and to invite him to our PFC-U.

No comments: