Friday, November 19, 2010

Finally -- Some News! (another guest post by the wife)

For those of you who've been keeping track, you realize that Mark has been gone eleven days, and that means he'll be home tomorrow night. Were you worried that you may have missed several posts about his exploits? Would you like to get ALL the details?

Yep, I thought you would. Me too. I got a partial text message that I *think* was from him, on Sunday night. Here, apart from the mushy salutation, is what it said:

"Better since Friday. Didn't"

Do not adjust your monitor; that's all the message contained. Sorry. This was followed by a telephone call from the same number, but the connection wasn't quite connected so I couldn't hear any voice.

So, I've been living on assumptions (and prayer) this week. When Mark called me from Amsterdam, he said he'd felt poorly on the flight from Seattle. I can only guess that he kept on feeling poorly until Friday.

But wait! Now there's more!

Rachel, the missionary Special Education teacher in Burundi, contacted me on Facebook today. Her message is proof that Mark actually did land in Africa. (I was picturing him in the plane, circling, circling, for ten days.) Here's what her first line said:

"Thanks for sending your husband. He was an awesome encouragement!"


Okay, then! I'll see if I can snag some other info from Rachel, and will write another post if there's time before I go to the airport tomorrow. If you've read this far, you would perhaps be willing to join me in prayer for the team and their health on the homeward flights. It's no fun at all to fly when you aren't feeling well, and they've got a lot of flying to do.

NEWS FLASH!!! More info from Rachel:

"He was better by the time he got to me. They didn't go into Congo. The border patrol wouldn't let them in or something like that. I met them at the Buja prison and then had dinner that evening with them at the hotel. The next day I went to a church they were preaching at that was 5 blocks from my house :)
That's about all I know. Oh I gave them some peanutbutter cookies one of the missionaries here made me. They seemed to like them :)"


Well, there you have it. Mark may be a journalist, but when you want the full scoop, ask a girl. We've got the information and we're happy to share it!

Thanks, Rachel!!!

4 comments:

4musicfaith said...

Glad to hear that Rachael received a blessing and encouragement from having Mark there to minister. I imagine that the trip has made an impact--on those they visited with, and spoke to and with, as well as feeling quite an experience themselves. -- Robbi

Katharine said...

Thanks, Robbi. I'm sure Mark will have many stories to share. Thanks for reading!

WayneO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WayneO said...

Thank you, Rachael, for being an accurate and hopeful messenger for a man we admire wholy. This trip will make an impact on Mark like none other, and will enrich him with the love of the Father's will the rest of his life.