Sunday, November 7, 2010

A full packet of prayer requests

I am reminding myself heart prayer needs in the coming days as we serve in Rwanda, the DR of Congo, and Burundi. Again, our trip is from November 8-20.  Our team meets Sunday evening for weigh-in of bags and prayer and dinner with our spouses in Woodinville.  We leave about noon from Sea-Tac on Monday.
Rachel Jacobs

As I am getting ready, do I have everything?  
What am I missing?
What will it be really like? 
What will we really do?
Am I anticipating the Lord so that I will be awed and amazed at what He does around us?  
Will the Lord Himself change our itinerary for His awesome glory?   

Tomorrow morning, I'll be interviewed along with Lowell and Ann Zeigle.  Lowell and Ann will be joining Jerry and Carol Kind in Northern Africa and Spain.  Keep praying for the faithful team there and that Jerry and Carol will get back there very soon.

One particular blessing will be connecting directly with Rachel Jacobs from our home church, Faith Baptist in Kent, who is teaching in Burundi. I am hopeful I'll have a great chance to meet with her in a significant way.  She may just bless me all over the place.

Would you pray Rachel and I can make a solid connection in Burundi and that I might encourage her? I'll be carrying a family package to deliver.  Please also pray for the team that is already in India with PFC.

To Jesus Christ who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:5-6
How can you pray for me? 
1. I'll "die to self" when I feel tired and disrupted.  Galatians 2:20, 6:14
2. I'll be a genuine encouragement to my team members.
3. I'll gang tackle love on our hosts who are excited about us coming.
4. I'll preach and teach God's glorious word with His anointing.
5. I'll pray on faithfully throughout every aspect of our trip.
6. I'll keep my things in safe order and support our team.
7. I'll pray for Katharine, Andy, Peter, and Jon.

 This is what we have been preparing since August to do:
Our CRB team

TRAIN saints currently doing prison ministry.
INTRODUCE the PFC umbrella and raise up missionary partners.
BLESS saints with resources and prisons with humanitarian aid.
EVANGELIZE inside the national prisons and everywhere.
TEACH churches to recruit volunteers and to multiply in other churches.






    No comments: