Thursday, April 9, 2009

Standing Stones Orchards over "Finished Work" weekend


I headed over to Standing Stones Orchards just outside Wapato in eastern Washington to experience the participants at the clean and sober ministry facility of Prisoners for Christ Outreach Ministries. Standing Stones Orchards is also called Northwest Transitional Living.

My first purpose was to free Greg and Rhonda Von Tobel, the president of PFCOM and his wife, pictured here, to be home over the crucifixion and resurrection weekend.

I enjoyed fellowship with Bobby, Cory, Noey, and Tyler. There are several others who will be rejoining the program or getting started in the next weeks. Jim Smith, from Monroe, carries out a weekly training and discipleship ministry during the week.

I was able to do a wonderful theological study of the exhaustive sovereignty of God and our compatible free will, using Dr. Bruce Ware's text, "God's greater glory," and I continued my verse by verse study of Colossians.

1 comment:

gailmarie said...

Mark, that was a very selfless and generous thing you did, relieving the Von tobels so they could be home for Easter! I know they appreciated it much. I pray the bible study you did will reach deep into the hearts of those in attendance.

In Christ,
Gail S. Morris