Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The tour ministry servants

While the Tahoma School District is taking the WASL (for the last year), I am doing just as much jail ministry as possible. On Monday, I was able to meet in Kent with Grant and Tony from the House of Mercy for an awesome Bible study on God's attribute of love.

On Saturday, I will be participating at the Prisoners for Christ University in Woodinville. I am also making telephone calls with area churches and friends to increase my financial and prayer team support.

On May 2, I will be accompanying David Julian to Olympic Corrections Center in Forks for a concert and message from the word. One of the incredible joys of this Kingdom ministry is sharing service with God's very talented and gifted servants. When I go on Prisoners for Christ Outreach Ministry concert tours to prisons around eastern Washington and Oregon, I team with Jim Dixon, Chuck Baxter, and Wayne Orendorff, most recently. Each has an amazing testimony of God's faithfulness.

Jim lives in Bothell. He has a tremendous gift of evangelism and shares his heart and story through creative ballads. Picture above, he joined me at Judson Park Retirement Community in Des Moines for a Sunday night concert.

Chuck lives in Lacey. The Lord has given him a deep heart of mercy as he shares what the Lord is doing in and through him. When he did some singing at JP, I was amazed as he sat down with several of the residents before the service. He also involved with Celebrate Recovery and other prison ministries in Shelton and Olympia. When he greets and shares with folks at our ministry settings, he offers his fully engaged attention, warm handshake, and a smile. We meet for breakfast or lunch in South Tacoma to build our relationship and care for each other.

Rocker Wayne lives in Renton and is a licking lead guitarist. In our concerts, he leads worship and accompanies Balladier Jim while "Don't call me Willie" Chuck and I offer backup vocals. Yes, we have a great time and I add in a little dancing before the Lord. Wayne also leads worship at the House of Mercy in Federal Way on Saturday nights. The Lord has given him a deep heart for recovery ministries. The picture here is at Standing Stones Orchards with Jim, Chuck, and Wayne on our last eastern Washington and Oregon missions trip.

In June, we have two PFC weekend tours in the works--one to the prisons in Clallam Bay and Forks on the 20th and another all over eastern Washington and Oregon on the 26th-28th. We have started planning an expanded trip in Oregon for future months.

No comments: