Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sharing the greatest news ever

I was blessed to share the gospel good news with Sally and Tim, both 15 year-old Fort Macleod students who are connected with our youth at our evening outreaches at Centennial Park and are staying for our after-parties at the Alliance Church.

I woke about 6:10 this Thursday morning and was sitting in a fellowship area when Sally came down the stairs. I didn't know why I was just sitting there except to wake up and enjoy the quiet of the morning.  We introduced ourselves and began to talk.

                                      Sally
Sally attends a Mormon stake house in town but immediately said she didn't believe, "I shouldn't be forced to have babies to fill heaven and especially if my husband turned out to be an evil man."  Later, she asked, "Won't my good works get me to heaven?"

There are two stake houses in Fort Macleod, population 3,600, that serve four LDS services with 2,000 for the surrounding area.

Astounding!  This was a Divine Appointment.  I began to pray and asked if she would like to read some Bible verses with me.  I collected two NIV Bibles and I had her read with me through Romans 1:16-17, 3:10-11 and 21-24, 4:4-5, 5:6-8, 6:23, 8:1, 10:11-13 and 2 Corinthians 6:1-2.

Several times the issue of good works is addressed within those verses.  She was on the brink of tears throughout our precious time together.  

She understood and received the truth and clearly embraced the Good News for her life.  She made some kind of decision for Christ at 13. Her parents were very angry as they attend the FM stake house. She cannot read a Bible at home nor attend a Christian church, now. Sally's response was very genuine.  I am entrusting Sally's care to our Great God, the Lord of the harvest. 


I had her start a personal letter to God about where she has been and where she stands, right now.  She shared she finished it and was rejoicing amazed when she reread it later in the day.  Sally shared throughout the day with several of our youth group, Pastor Aaron, and the FM youth about the step she took to receive Christ.  I am just jumping up and down in astounding joy!


                                            Tim
I enjoyed a real outstanding conversation with Tim's step-mom earlier this week and we saw each other at breakfast, this morning.  Tim also comes to Centennial Park and our after parties.  He is very friendly and agreed to come apart tonight and share with me on a park bench. Tim is warm and has a friendly, inviting smile.

When Tim appeared at the park this evening, Jeff Jacobsen and I prayed for our outreach and my heart to speak with Tim.  He shared very openly about his family and his dad's very recent threatening stroke that was very similar to my own dad's situation in 1980. 

Prayerfully, I addressed the issue of faith and addictions which he shared earlier in the week with our large group.  He listened carefully as we read Romans 4:20-24, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, 2 Corinthians 5:21, and John 1:12-13. 

He stumbled over believing God would forgive his sins and knowing he will continue to sin regularly.  I talked about life and faith being a long journey.  The Lord Jesus is faithful to catch him and hold him safely throughout life.  We left it with 1 John 5:11-12.  The Lord impressed on me He Himself is working around Tim and I should leave him with, "he who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son does not have life."

I shared, "Every man, woman, boy and girl either has the Son or does not have the Son, Tim.  It doesn't appear you have the Son so you don't have life.  That can change, right now. You don't need me to make that decision.  You can surrender to Jesus and receive Him."  

His journey continues.  I may see him Friday evening.


                             Family time with FM youth
Jeff Jacobsen and I hosted four FM youth this afternoon and encouraged them with their own awesome youth group and their personal spiritual journeys.  Tonight, Judy, one of the four, came in at the after-party and prayed with Mikayla about taking huge steps in her commitment to Jesus.

No comments: