Monday, July 18, 2011

Transition from Fort Macleod to Kent

From FM to home, now
Our FSM missions trip to Fort Macleod was a higher spiritual mountain than I ever realized for me.  We saw the Lord work mightily in us, first. Then He worked through us.  The Lord ministered to us. The host church and youth in FM ministered to us. The many hosts at the Alliance Church were humble servants.  I enjoyed several heart talks with Pastor Ralph. 

Jeff Jacobsen asked or reflected on what the short and long-term results will look like at the Alliance Church.  We are praying with them.  

I am praying with Pastor Ralph, Gerri-Jo and for all the youth there--Cheyenne, Ty, Sam, Gillian, and so many more. Cheyenne became part of our team and I really missed her on the trip home and even on Sunday.  

Or, my commitment is to pray and I am asking the Lord to give me the strength to do it otherwise I will have only great intentions like in so many other areas and it will slip into a back burner experience.

I have a whole other set of faith prayers.  What will the results look like in my own life and then with our Faith Student Missions group at our home Faith Church?  The idea we are focusing on with our youth now in transition is follow-through on Mission 51.  We are home, now.  I am home.  I head right back down to the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent, today, recharged to see what the Lord has for me there.

One scene stays in my mind as we drove away from FM.  The area where we shared testimonies in Centennial Park was quiet and empty.  Who might use the model we employed there after we leave?  Will we be able to do the same kind of ministry at Lake Meridian?  What will our student outreach become here?  What real growth and change will we see with our own youth with their peers in church and at their high school missions settings?

Right at Faith Church, we began our own Mega Sports Camp VBS, last night, with our volunteer training and walk-through.  We already have 300 pre-registered.  I am praying for the Lord's increase.  We may even need more help from volunteers over and above the amazing team that gathered with Angie Swanson, last night.

The theme for me is very timely, "Go the distance," from 2 Timothy 4:7-8.
Go the distance!
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing."

So, the faithful work continues and right with our youth.  One very caring mother shared with me about her son's journey.  I had been thinking and praying for him, even on the trip to Alberta.  I asked the Lord, why wasn't he with us?  What's goin' on with him?  I started to find out, Sunday night.  I was in tears within my heart.  That was very good.

It's not about all those other kids in Canada where we just leftI am praying with them, too. The Lord is working out His glorious purposes in my own life and with us, right here.  We are His servants where He has us planted right here.

No comments: